Welcome to the home of SQSA
The South Queensland Sabot Association (SQSA) represents the Sabot sailing dinghy class from Southport to Yeppoon. Members include sailors, parents and clubs who are enthusiastic participants in Sabot sailing. For 50 years young Australian sailors have been introduced to the sport and social benefits of sailing at club, regional, state and national levels in Sabot sailing dinghies. The SQSA’s goal is to offer a fun and family-friendly environment that builds confident young sailors on a race course, and fosters a lifelong interest in the sport of sailing. Want to learn more? Look at some great photos and You-Tube links in our gallery, read about getting started in Sabots here, or contact us.
- The SQSA AGM will be held at Darling Point Sailing Squadron on Sunday 24th May (once all sabots are on the water hopefully by 10am). Everyone welcome. If you would like to be involved please consider nominating for a position in the management committee. A full list of duties can be found here - Committee Position Descriptions. And if you cannot attend you can nominate by email by using this form AGM Nomination Form SQSA
- It’s that time of the year when memberships are due for renewal. Application forms are available here: SQSAMEMBERSHIP APLICATION 2015-2016 Timely payments are greatly appreciated.
- The first Training Day for the new season will be held on Sunday, May 17th at the Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club. Be rigged and ready by 9:30am
- To download all of your NOR, Race Instructions and/or Entry Forms in the one place click on the CALENDAR tab
- Fibre-glass masts – are now available Please email email@example.com for more information.
RESULTS AND MORE:
- Maryborough Sailing Club again hosted a fabulous Easter Regatta over the long weekend in April 3, 4, 5. Thanks to the many volunteers who make this event such a success. See here for results. overall-scratch-A_fleet
- Results from the 51st SABOT NATIONALS in Townsville, North QLD. A big thank you to NQSA for hosing such a fun event.
- Some photos from Nationals were posted on NQSA’s website here.
- Race results for State Championships 2014, Yeppoon
- Bay Titles 2014 – Results
- Interested in an SQSA history lesson? All winners of SQSA’s trophies are listed here, making for an interesting trip to the past for three generations of Sabot sailors.
- Check out our FaceBook page to keep up to date with more photos and reminders: www.facebook.com/SouthQueenslandSabotAssociation
- To listen to some of the SQSA team in an online interview with Sports Radio station Smash FM click here.