Welcome to the home of SQSA
The South Queensland Sabot Association (SQSA) represents the Sabot sailing dinghy class from Southport to Yeppoon. Members include sailors, parents and clubs who are enthusiastic participants in Sabot sailing. For 50 years young Australian sailors have been introduced to the sport and social benefits of sailing at club, regional, state and national levels in Sabot sailing dinghies. The SQSA’s goal is to offer a fun and family-friendly environment that builds confident young sailors on a race course, and fosters a lifelong interest in the sport of sailing. Want to learn more? Look at some great photos and You-Tube links in our gallery, read about getting started in Sabots here, or contact us.
- The Battle of Waterloo NOR is available for those wanting another opportunity to race before Nationals.
- Sabot Nationals are just around the corner. (28th December – 3rd January) The NOR is available here.
- Follow the Self Draining Sabot development by downloading this power point presentation or view on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGBAOo-COaQ
- MEMBERSHIP APLICATION 2014-2015 - Its time to renew membership also a good time to become a member and to be kept up to date on training and regattas.
- 50th Sabot Nationals 2013, – check out results and photos. More photos by Peta can be viewed in the Gallery.
Fibre-glass masts – are now available Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RESULTS AND MORE:
- Race results for State Championships 2014, Yeppoon
- Bay Titles 2014 – Results
- Sail Brisbane - Visit the Sail Brisbane website for Results.
- Maryborough Sailing Club’s Easter Regatta – Hervey Bay.
- SQSA River Titles – Results
- SQSA Seasons Champions – Congratulations to Natalie Bridge – senior, Patrick Lambourne and Laura McKay – junior winners. This is the combined results of all three SQSA events for the season.
- Interested in an SQSA history lesson? All winners of SQSA’s trophies are listed here, making for an interesting trip to the past for three generations of Sabot sailors.
- Queensland Youth Week - Sabots attended from North Queensland and New South Wales, light winds meant only 6 races. Results available on web.
- Check out our FaceBook page to keep up to date with more photos and reminders: www.facebook.com/SouthQueenslandSabotAssociation