Welcome to the home of SQSA
The South Queensland Sabot Association (SQSA) represents the Sabot sailing dinghy class from Southport to Yeppoon. Members include sailors, parents and clubs who are enthusiastic participants in Sabot sailing. For 50 years young Australian sailors have been introduced to the sport and social benefits of sailing at club, regional, state and national levels in Sabot sailing dinghies. The SQSA’s goal is to offer a fun and family-friendly environment that builds confident young sailors on a race course, and fosters a lifelong interest in the sport of sailing. Want to learn more? Look at some great photos and You-Tube links in our gallery, read about getting started in Sabots here, or contact us.
- In December this year SQSA will be hosting Sabot Nationals & Sabot Week. This is a great honour and one we hope will be an amazing showcase of the finest young sailors in our country. For this event to be a success we are now looking for committed members to come forward and volunteer for a role making the week run smoothly. There are many, many jobs from catering to car parking, sign on to wash bays, fundraising and sponsorships, and of course on the water and safety. If you would like to be a part please consider adding your name to the list and attending the committee meetings. Many hands make light work… Thanks
- Notice of Race is now available for River Titles. Entries close 14th Feb.
- Two choices for Sailing this Easter… Hervey Bay or Lake Cootharaba?? Big decision… Notice of Race and Entry forms available here
- NEW Sabots available now. Sail away price $5,750. Contact: Peter Robba at Queensport Marine mobile: 0412 360 927
- Fibre-glass masts – are now available Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Keep up to date with our FaceBook page www.facebook.com/SouthQueenslandSabotAssociation for more updates and reminders.
RESULTS AND MORE:
- Results for Sabot Nationals and Sabot Week are available from the Results tab
- Selection Trials Results are now available. Congratulations to all sailors for your great display of sportsmanship on and off the water.
- What a fantastic week away in Yeppoon. Results are now available for State Titles.
- Results are in for the Bay Titles 2016
- For a full wrap of the past season results (and to see previous years) click on the RESULTS or HONOUR BOARD menus at the top of the page.
- Interested in an SQSA history lesson? All winners of SQSA’s trophies are listed here, making for an interesting trip to the past for three generations of Sabot sailors.