Welcome to the home of SQSA
The South Queensland Sabot Association (SQSA) represents the Sabot sailing dinghy class from Southport to Yeppoon. Members include sailors, parents and clubs who are enthusiastic participants in Sabot sailing. For 50 years young Australian sailors have been introduced to the sport and social benefits of sailing at club, regional, state and national levels in Sabot sailing dinghies. The SQSA’s goal is to offer a fun and family-friendly environment that builds confident young sailors on a race course, and fosters a lifelong interest in the sport of sailing. Want to learn more? Look at some great photos and You-Tube links in our gallery, read about getting started in Sabots here, or contact us.
- Registration is now available online for the next Training Day at DPSS. Sunday 6th December. This will be the last SQSA training day before Nationals and will be followed by the Sprint Series hosted by DPSS in the afternoon – a great place to fine tune your starts!
- Sabot Nationals & Sabot Week Registration are now available online at www.sabot.com.au It’s going to be a great year so if you qualified for the Nationals Team or would like to compete in Sabot Week then get your entries in early! If you have been selected for the SQSA Nationals Team but are unable to attend please contact email@example.com ASAP.
- SQSA team shirt embroidery guidelines are available for those attending Sabot Nationals and Sabot Week. (a word of warning – don’t leave this to the last minute as it can get busy close to Christmas)
- Each sabot entered into Sabot Nationals or Sabot Week is required to pay a Team Support Levy. It is $100 per boat and due by the 6th December. Payments can be made online or by direct deposit (please refer to previous emails for bank account details). Details outlining what this payment if for can be found on the online form.
- NEW Sabots available now. Sail away price $5,750. Contact: Peter Robba at Queensport Marine mobile: 0412 360 927
- For new memberships download and application form here: MEMBERSHIP APLICATION 2015-2016
- To download all of your NOR, Race Instructions and/or Entry Forms in the one place click on the CALENDAR tab
- Fibre-glass masts – are now available Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RESULTS AND MORE:
- Results are now available for Selection Trials.
- Bay titles Scratch Results are now in. Congratulations on a wonderful regatta.
- Results from the 51st SABOT NATIONALS in Townsville, North QLD. A big thank you to NQSA for hosing such a fun event.
- Photos from Nationals were posted on NQSA’s website here.
- Interested in an SQSA history lesson? All winners of SQSA’s trophies are listed here, making for an interesting trip to the past for three generations of Sabot sailors.
- Check out our FaceBook page to keep up to date with more photos and reminders: www.facebook.com/SouthQueenslandSabotAssociation