Welcome to the home of SQSA
The South Queensland Sabot Association (SQSA) represents the Sabot sailing dinghy class from Southport to Yeppoon. Members include sailors, parents and clubs who are enthusiastic participants in Sabot sailing. For 50 years young Australian sailors have been introduced to the sport and social benefits of sailing at club, regional, state and national levels in Sabot sailing dinghies. The SQSA’s goal is to offer a fun and family-friendly environment that builds confident young sailors on a race course, and fosters a lifelong interest in the sport of sailing. Want to learn more? Look at some great photos and You-Tube links in our gallery, read about getting started in Sabots here, or contact us.
- NOOSA CAMP - DATE CHANGE – NEW DATE TO BE POSTED SOON. Live in camp for Sabot Sailors of all abilities. Coaching and Great Fun. More details will be posted soon.
- SQSA River Titles - Results
- Sail Brisbane - 17 to 18th April, 2014 Easter at RQYS. Visit the Sail Brisbane website for Notice of Race and enter online.
- Maryborough Sailing Club’s Easter Regatta - Hervey Bay. 2014 Easter Regatta Notice of Race; Easter Regatta Entry Form
- 50th Sabot Nationals, – check out results and photos. More photos by Peta can be viewed in the Gallery.
- Fibre-glass masts – are now available Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RESULTS AND MORE:
- SQSA Bay Titles- View results here.
- SQSA Selection Trials – Lake Cootharaba. Race results
- QLD Sabot Championship & Qld Youth Championship - Results and photos
- Queensland Youth Week - Sabots attended from North Queensland and New South Wales, light winds meant only 6 races. Results available on web.
- SQSA Seasons Championship – Congratulations to Ben Markey , the winner of the combined results of all SQSA events for the season. Results can be viewed here.
- Interested in an SQSA history lesson? All winners of SQSA’s trophies are listed here, making for an interesting trip to the past for three generations of Sabot sailors.